Appetite Media is looking for talented and self-directed Writers to join our team. This position will work with a small creative team of writers who strive to effectively blend serious journalism with wit, personality, and stylish writing.
If you enjoy working independently, spending time brainstorming story ideas, researching and interviewing sources, and writing columns, features, and case studies – all while staying on top of industry trends – this may be the challenge you are looking for.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- A passion for writing and a talent for storytelling
- An intuitive ability to craft and edit content that informs and engages our target market
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, and enthusiasm
- An obsession with style perfection
- An eagerness to learn all that is new within the exhibit and event industry
- An openness to constructive criticism via a rigorous editing process
- An ability to be edgy and quirky without being over the top
- An ability to find humor in almost any situation
- An abundance of integrity and exceptional work ethic
- An ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- A willingness to travel three weeks per year to cover trade shows and events
The ideal candidate should display the following skills and experience:
- Two to three years of solid business-writing experience; magazine writing a plus
- A degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
- An eye for clarity, accuracy, grammar, and syntax, along with a good grasp of AP style
- Exceptional project-management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and respect for timelines
- Proficiency with social-media platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Working knowledge of photography and videography
- Experience with managing digital content a plus
- Diplomatic oral and written skills
If you are up for the challenge, show us what you’ve got! Please submit your resume, three samples of your best work that demonstrate the aforementioned skills, and a cover letter including a few sentences about why you would be a good fit for our magazine.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Make a difference at Appetite Media
Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Appetite is comprised of more than 50 owned or operated on-line destinations, global entertainment network Appetite News, Appetite Publishing, Appetite Events, Appetite Content Studios and a significant number of other strategic investments. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.