Summary: Video Producer
Do you have a face for T.V., a voice made for radio, and an artistic knack for editing buzzworthy videos? If so, then this is the ideal role for you. There will never be another role like it!
In this unique and multi-faceted position, you will be expected to wear the hats of both a video editor and host. The producer’s role is to take a trending article on one of our websites, and transform it into a video that informs, educates and entertains our viewers. If you are up for the challenge, you will be responsible for adapting articles into scripts, shooting, writing, and editing news stories and videos on a daily basis.
The best part of this job is you get to work from home! This is what dreams are made of.
- Identify trending articles using Google analytics.
- Report, shoot, write, edit news stories and compose graphics within assigned deadlines.
- Research visuals that will be used in the videos using the internet and other media sources.
- Shoot interviews and video for news stories if needed.
- Write and edit news stories using editing software such as Premiere, Final Cut, Photoshop and After effects.
- Create entertaining videos for breaking news coverage, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or similar.
- Two years in video production and hosting experience preferred.
- Demo reel for on-camera work and video production required.
- Expected to work from home and be available to work on weekends.
- Expected to produce the videos from home or have access to a green screen studio where you can produce the videos at any time.
Make a difference at Appetite Media
Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Appetite is comprised of more than 50 owned or operated on-line destinations, global entertainment network Appetite News, Appetite Publishing, Appetite Events, Appetite Content Studios and a significant number of other strategic investments. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.