Summary: Media Buyer
Appetite Media is on the lookout for an eager and talented Media Buyer. If you have an eye for detail, and seek a position that lets you take initiative, then this is the ideal job for you!
Appetite Media is a dynamic collaboration of strategy, content, digital and public relations synergized to connect brands and audiences. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Media Planner/Buyer to develop and execute online media strategies for a diverse portfolio of clients.
The Digital Media Planner position requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, work independently and demonstrate initiative. As a digital media planner, you will own the day-to-day logistics in the planning, reporting, implementing and maintaining of digital media campaigns. Any experience working with an ad server is a plus (DoubleClick, Sizemek, Prisma/Mediaocean, etc.)
- Work alongside media planning and buying teams to provide digital insight for objectives and strategies applied to overall client media plan; Plan digital media campaign strategy in tandem with Digital Media Supervisor.
- Research, plan, execute and manage performance reporting and analysis/optimization efforts for digital media campaigns that may include most or all of the following: Digital Display (both rich and standard executions), Video, Mobile Display/Video, Programmatic Display/Video, Native
- Implement and traffick digital media campaigns within agency third-party adserver (DoubleClick) ensuring tags, pixels, placements and campaigns align internally and externally with agency partners
- As directed and overseen by the Digital Media Supervisor, responsible for organizing, implementing and controlling the day-to-day media planning development process including coordination among account coordinators
- Oversee and assistant account coordinators for the support-level work they perform and also help guide their overall growth and development
- As directed and overseen by the Digital Media Supervisor, present recommendations, POVs, and select analyses to clients and Account Service personnel as well as performance reporting delivered and presented to client on regular basis, often weekly
- Use digital media tools and resources as needed to research and plan client campaigns, including competitive analysis (using Kantar), site traffic data resources (Google Analytics) and demographic concentrations (ComScore)
- For all assigned accounts, manage client media billing approval and invoice reconciliations; Issue billing documents for client approval and insertion orders for all managed digital media buys
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field
- 2-4 years digital media planning experience as a Jr. Planner/Buyer
- Demonstrated presentation and writing skills
- Experience negotiating with and managing digital vendors
- Experience evaluating and recommending strategy and placements for digital campaigns
- Proficiency with Keynote and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Full service agency experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of ad servers (DoubleClick, Sizmek)
- Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Outstanding culture and workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Make a difference at Appetite Media
Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Appetite is comprised of more than 50 owned or operated on-line destinations, global entertainment network Appetite News, Appetite Publishing, Appetite Events, Appetite Content Studios and a significant number of other strategic investments. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.