Summary: Digital Content Specialist
Appetite Media is on the search for a talented Digital Media Specialist with a goal-oriented attitude, and the drive to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
This position is responsible for coordinating the marketing efforts of Appetite’s digital properties.
- Develop strategic media content and brand integration across multiple social media platforms
- Solicit and secure advertising placement and sponsorships with bloggers and events
- Manage the company blog. Create all blog postings and coordinate with blog contributors for online content.
- Create daily posts for Twitter and Facebook * Develop and maintain Social Media graphics * Manage company Pinterest page and photosharing sites, including Flickr and Instagram
- Co-manage company YouTube channel and assist in procuring video sponsorships
- Analyze site traffic from social media channels and send monthly metrics and recommendations for improvement to managers
- Research and monitor social media sites of competitors, manufacturers and other industry professionals to track trends and exposure
- Participate in weekly marketing meeting to discuss current campaigns and strategy for future projects * Coordinate distribution of coupons and sales across social media sites and blogs * Create marketing copy for promotional purposes on social media sites
- Photograph products and record video demonstrations for blog and YouTube as needed * Attend fall and spring quilt markets
- College degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in online marketing and working with social media channels required
- Proficient with computer programs including Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with high-level, quality photography and digital image editing
- Creative writing experience highly desirable
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test
- Non-smokers only. No exceptions
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously * Must be able to take projects from inception to completion in a very short time
- Excellent communication skills ( writing, editing) and problem-solving skills
If interested, please email resume, cover letter with salary requirements and creative writing sample.
Job Type: Full-time
- Photoshop: 1 year
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year
Make a difference at Appetite Media
Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Appetite is comprised of more than 50 owned or operated on-line destinations, global entertainment network Appetite News, Appetite Publishing, Appetite Events, Appetite Content Studios and a significant number of other strategic investments. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.