Summary: Back-end Web Developer
Appetite Media is on the lookout for an innovative Back-end Developer to join our exceptional expanding Technology Team. If you are passionate about new trends in your field, and pride yourself on proactive thinking, then you are the missing piece needed to complete our dynamic group!
It is a great time to join our company, as we continue to test and integrate the latest tech in our field, and strive as leading producers in online content creation. You will be part of a goal oriented team that handles development projects from start to finish with fresh and creative ideas, all the while executing effective problem solving techniques.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working among the most passionate people in your field? If so, then apply today!
You will be responsible for:
- Effectively creating and implementing new features on our various sites
- Coordinating with appropriate teams on the vision, purpose and results of features
- Problem solving, bug fixing and finding creative solutions
- Handling server management and IT development environment management
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience
- Strong Background in PHP, MySQL and Linux
- Strong knowledge of WordPress Experience with a MVC framework
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming
- Experience working on high traffic websites
- Efficient problem solver
- Quick learner, detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player, yet able to work independently
- Extremely motivated
- System Administration Experience
- Zend Framework
- Shell Script (Bash)
Make a difference at Appetite Media
Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Appetite is comprised of more than 50 owned or operated on-line destinations, global entertainment network Appetite News, Appetite Publishing, Appetite Events, Appetite Content Studios and a significant number of other strategic investments. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.